MsGina error Event ID 1010

• This last months i had many errors : Event ID 1010 Source MsGina with 1511 error source userenv, in the Application log of my Citrix servers running 2003 Windows server. 

Searching at turns up the existence of that error, but no real hints about what might be causing it and how to resolve it. All gives is the error: "Failed to set the user''s home directory (Drive <drive letter>: connected to Share \\<computer name>\<share name>). it only shows no users just the folder they are in (\\<server name>\personal$).

So how can I see to which user the error is created, so I can change the home directory (Drive <drive letter>: of the particular user in active directory. ??

I had all my roaming profiles users mapping Y: on a share server connected to a SAN, no author devices are using Y: on my Citrix servers

Looking at all my users, their home directory is all set correctly like this: for example user Akr:
    his home directory is set to \\<server name>\personal$\Akr
    none is set to just \\<server name>\personal$

And in the colum 'User' in the application log next to the MSGina Error 1010 it says N/A, (not available).

The Users are getting their home director from active directory:

Help me solve this problem, please!

Monday, September 05, 2011 12:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In my experience, this problem is caused by two reasons.

1.       Disk quota for users on storage server(SAN) getting exhausted.

2.       Network connectivity issues between the Terminal server and DCs.

1.       Please make sure that the quota is enough to load the profile for every users.

2.       Please check if the SNP features enabled at TCPIP (OS) level and NIC level. Try to disable the SNP / Offloading features on the Citrix server, the DCs in site and storage server too.

More information:

An update to turn off default SNP features is available for Windows Server 2003-based and Small Business Server 2003-based computers

Information about the TCP Chimney Offload, Receive Side Scaling, and Network Direct Memory Access features in Windows Server 2008

When you finish the all above, try again to see whether the same issue still exists.

Technology changes life……
    Tuesday, September 06, 2011 3:33 AM
  • Thanks a lot Sir Wang,

I haven't an issue with the disk quota on my storage : it have enough space to load profiles

I'm installing the update to turn off default SNP features is available for Windows Server 2003-based and Small Business Server 2003-based computers.

Next, i will  Disable the TCP Chimney feature on the server

I will inform you if i still have the same errors ...

Have a nice day,

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

Looking forward to your feedback. :)

Technology changes life……
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Hi Dollar Wang, Sorry for the delay,

I had made these changes, by installing the update to turn off default SPN features first, then i disabled the TCP Chimney feature on the server

But in the event viewer : the errors remains

I generate the userenv.log log file but no serious indications was right there (may e i don't find on it the right information).

Is there any other way to troubleshoot this issue ?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:13 PM
  • Is there any way to get the user that is causing this error MsGina 1010  ??

If i get the user,  i think i can do more in troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks for any information

Saturday, September 17, 2011 4:36 PM