none
OCS 2007 R1 federation with Lync Online (Office 365) - Unknown presence RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I have established Federation between OCS 2007 R1 and Lync Online (365).

A group of users, who are allowed for remote connection, public IM and Federation, are experiencing problems (Federation) with all users on Office 365 (Any domain). However, some of them are just fine.

The sip domain on OCS 2007 R1 is acme.com. Mail service is in Office 365 and the SMTP domain is acme.com. Also Lync Online was enable for users. However, I think this was the reason of the problema so I told Microsoft to disable Lync Online for my domain acme.com (They do it today).

The Issue remains.

Is there a restrictions about federating OCS 2007 R1 and Lync Online?

Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please post your question to office 365 forum that you can get more help:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/default.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:34 AM

All replies

• As an Update.

Federation with other companies and Hotmail is ok.

My OCS Edge Public Certificate is going to expire in 7 days. However, I will change it befores the last day.

Does anybody know how Office 365 Lync Online check sip domain for Federation? I said this because you just add the sip domain to federate on Office 365 Administration Portal

Regards

Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:19 PM
  • Hi,

Please post your question to office 365 forum that you can get more help:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/default.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Hi All,

I found my issue.

My OCS On-Premise has the SIP domain acme.com. STMP domain acme.com is on Office 365 (Exchange Online). What is more, I have another SIP domains hosted on Exchange Online as well as SMTP domains.

That was the issue. I have to configure Lync Online Federation to be Open  "On except for blocked domains " instead of "On only for allowed domains"

With that configuration, Office 365 users can see the presence of my OCS On-Premise Users.

Regards

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:09 PM