none
Issue document sets views in SharePoint online RRS feed

• Question

• When I create a document set in a document library in a SharePoint online site, and navigate to a folder inside of the document set, I noticed that when I click on the breadcrumb back to the root level of the document library (in modern interface), the view of the document set (as opposed to the default view for the library) is kept for the root level of the document set, whereas this is not the correct default view for the document library. Whenever I navigate from the document set back to the root level directly (not from a folder inside the document set), this issue does not occur and the default view of the library is shown again. This is problematic for one of our clients who uses the default view to group by project-id custom column, in order to organize the information properly. Is there a solution to this?
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Auke,

What do you mean “Click on the crumb bread back”?

You can share a screenshot of this button.

According to my test, when I'm in a folder in the document set, clicking on the name of the document set will navigate to the root level of the document set, and clicking documents will navigate to the root level of the document library.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:16 AM
  • Hi

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:40 AM