none
Task' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists.'

Question

• HI there,

I have recently had the old SSD on my laptop cloned onto a larger SSD and now I'm getting the following message on two (2) out of three (3) of my Exchange email accounts:- 

Task '' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists.'

I have also ntoiced that there are now multiple ost files being created for the the three (3) email accounts on my laptop (even the one that is still working)

Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hi DoubleG2018,

1.Are the three Exchange accounts stored on the same mailbox database?
    2.Could the problematic Exchange accounts log in OWA?

Here are some troubleshooting steps for your reference:

1.Check if the databases are mounted,
    2.Run Outlook in safe mode, the observe the result.
    3.Open IIS Manager and recycle the application pool for MSExchangeAutoDiscoverAppPool and MS ExchangeRpcProxyAppPool.

4.This issue can occur if your OST file is corrupt. Please try to re-create an Outlook profile for this user or perform a repair with Office. Then check if this issue persists:

Create an Outlook profile
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-an-outlook-profile-f544c1ba-3352-4b3b-be0b-8d42a540459d

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 10, 2019 3:47 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going? Do you try above methods?

If there is anything unclear or any update, please feel free to let us know. If the reply helps, kindly mark it as answer, which will be beneficial for answer searching in the forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:04 AM