none
Excel Services UDF and EWA Pivot Table Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am struggling a lot with excel services UDF and the EWA web part for formatting the display. I have following unsolved issues. If anyone have fixed please share with me.

1. Unable to set the expand collapse levels of Pivot table if the data is received from UDF.

2. The Pivot table does not refresh automatically after receiving the data from UDF. Needed to refresh manually.

3. If the return value is object array from UDF, the average function does not work in Pivot table.

thanks in advance

S.Rathna

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. Can you further explain this?
    2. This is "by design". I am not sure about a solution for this - it's just how Excel works.
    3. I have not yet heard of that. You can use this link to contact me and I will try and get you in contact with someone who may be able to help.
    Shahar - http://blogs.msdn.com/CumGranoSalis
    Monday, September 8, 2008 9:54 PM
  • Hi,

I am also Facing Same problem. If you know solution or work around please let me also know.

I am trying to load a KPI List from Sharepoint to Excel using UDF.Then I am creating a Pivot Table on it. When I am doing a Average on KPI Score it does not work.It only does Count. Do not know what could be reason stuggling with it from last couple of day.

Any help or suggession on this is much appreciated.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 10:57 PM