Issue with Start Date and End Date in SharePoint calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I'm trying to delete the time-related information when I want to add a Calendar event. I did check the Event content type which has "Date only" option selected. However, the same is not reflecting in the Calendar. It still shows the time-related info.

I even tried creating a new content type based on the event view and still no luck.

If I add new date columns in the Calendar, and when trying to create an event with different Start Date and End Date, it shows up in a single cell in Calendar view.

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Chandra Shekhar R,

To use different Start Time and End Time, we need to modify view and specify the new date columns in Time Interval section.

Even if we set the date only columns, the events will still shows the time “12:00 am – 12:00 am”.

To hide the time line in the calendar view, we need to use the CSS style.

Edit the page > Insert a Content Editor or Script Editor web part to the page > Enter the script below > Save the page.

<style type=”text/css”>
    .ms-acal-time {
                display:none
    }
    </style>

Besides, what did you mean “it shows up in a single cell in Calendar view”?

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, May 13, 2016 9:55 AM
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:00 AM