none
problem with internal exchnage ip in message header BUT ONLY WITH SPECIFIC TARGET SERVERS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys, 

I have a problem that is unclear for me. 

It is looking like I have successfully remove Exchange server internal ip from message header because I am not able too see it in message source anymore for example sending a test mail to my gmail account the header is looking like this:

So I have expeted, that I will not be able to see not so popular Delivery delayed error anymore. The reality is that I am receiving again the same error message as before. 

It si not clear to me, why I can see the internal 192.168.1.2 ip address again here when there is no similar record in gmail received header. 

Can you help me please?

I have only one send connector in Exchange 2016. 

Thank you very much. 

Tom

Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

The images you provided include your personal email address, domain name and public IP address. We helped you cover those privacy information, please pay attention next time. 

Did you use the header firewall to remove internal server IP? What commands did you use to set the send connectors?

This NDR message is generated by your Exchange server. If the sender is a user in your organization, and the message didn't leave your organization, the send connector won't be used. Then the internal IP address isn't removed from the message header since the configuration on the send connector is nit applied.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 17, 2020 3:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

The images you provided include your personal email address, domain name and public IP address. We helped you cover those privacy information, please pay attention next time. 

Did you use the header firewall to remove internal server IP? What commands did you use to set the send connectors?

This NDR message is generated by your Exchange server. If the sender is a user in your organization, and the message didn't leave your organization, the send connector won't be used. Then the internal IP address isn't removed from the message header since the configuration on the send connector is nit applied.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 17, 2020 3:06 AM
  • Deare Lydia. 

Thank you very much. I is much clearer for me now. And thank you very much for covering personal details from the pictures. 

I have used [PS] C:\>Get-SendConnector "EdgeSync - Datacenter1 to Internet" | Remove-ADPermission -User "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-Send-Headers-Routing

It is described in this blog post:

https://practical365.com/exchange-server/remove-internal-exchange-server-names-ip-addresses-message-headers/

Thank you 

tom

Friday, January 17, 2020 12:22 PM
  • Hi Tom,

It's great that you can get useful information in the reply above. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post in our forum.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Monday, January 20, 2020 1:25 AM