none
Lync - Turn off missed messages, but continue to save conversation history? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to turn off the feature of receiveing emails from Lync saying you missed a conversation, but still retain the ability to save your IM history automatically? Or, have everything go to the conversation history folder.

We've tried creating an Outlook rule to move the "missed conversation" emails but the rules do not work for these it seems. Likley to do with the way those emails are delivered, not a standard email.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:00 PM

Answers

• I am afraid you can’t do that. If you enable Save IM conversations in my email Conversation History folder, you will get the missed conversation notification when you miss a conversation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:16 AM

All replies

• You can disable call logging in the Lync client.  This will stop missed call notifications, but will also stop saving other call logs in your outlook conversation history.  This can be controlled in the client or by policy.  This is a different setting than saving IMs in your conversation history (which can continue to work).  Here is a link to reference:

http://howdouc.blogspot.com/2011/07/completely-disabling-im-archiving-and.html

Tim Harrington | Lync: MCM/MVP | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington

Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:18 AM
  • I am afraid you can’t do that. If you enable Save IM conversations in my email Conversation History folder, you will get the missed conversation notification when you miss a conversation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:16 AM
  • Not true.  I'm not sure what policy we have setup but I get my conversations saved in the history folder and DO NOT get an email notification.  I use to get them but do not anymore.
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:22 PM