none
Not able to receive email in Exchange Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have implemented Exchage server name abc.com is local and my dns register domain in xyz.com

* i am able to send email inside and outside users but i am not able to receive email from outside.

* i think this is dns records issue. can you please help me what are the dns records do we require so that email can be received from outside.

*.  what types of dns records do we need and it has to be created on local dns or public dns. 

*. we have domain registerd on freenoms.

can you please help me on this.

Thank you

Friday, July 5, 2019 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi

Check your receive connector and check if anonymous box is ticked.

Are your mx records populated?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, July 6, 2019 12:04 PM
  • Hi,

What bounce messages will external senders receive when they send emails to your organization?

What internal DNS records did you configure?

For public DNS records, you may need some record like this:

• A records:mail.domain.come points to a public IP, autodiscover.domain.come points to a public IP
    • MX record:domain.com points to mail.domain.com

You can check this blog for more details: Configuring Public DNS and MX records for exchange 2013

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Please check and make sure no needed ports are blocked.

You also can use Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer to test Inbound SMTP Email.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this thread? 

Did you test Inbound SMTP Email as well? If you have solved your problem, could you share with us? Maybe it will help more people with similar problems. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 15, 2019 2:07 AM