none
Allowed maximum is 524288000 when running a powershell script RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run this PowerShell command:

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Get-MailboxPermission | where {$_.user.tostring() -ne "NT AUTHORITY\SELF" -and $_.IsInherited -eq $false} | Select Identity,User,@{Name='AccessRights';Expression={[string]::join(', ', $_.AccessRights)}} | Export-Csv -NoTypeInformation mailboxpermissions.csv

It works fine one server but not another. On the second server it fails with:

Sending data to a remote command failed with the following error message: The total data received from the remote clien
    t exceeded allowed maximum. Allowed maximum is 524288000. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting He
    lp topic.
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (System.Manageme...pressionSyncJob:PSInvokeExpressionSyncJob) [], PSRe
       motingTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : JobFailure

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Friday, July 20, 2012 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi

You can use where-object to filter those mailbox, also you could put them into a CSV and then Impor them.

Cheers

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Zi Feng Monday, July 30, 2012 6:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Castinlu Monday, July 30, 2012 6:40 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:02 AM
  • Hi

Powershell has a hard limit of 524288000.

The value for the powershell limit is in web.config file.

To increase the limit, increase the value and then recycle the app pool or iisreset.

In addition, The memory requirement can be reduced by doing batch processing (i.e. querying/processing 1000 mailboxes at a time).

Cheers

Zi Feng

• Proposed as answer by Zi Feng Monday, July 30, 2012 6:26 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 8:44 AM

All replies

• Turn it into a script that breaks it up so you don't have so much in the pipeline.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Friday, July 20, 2012 4:18 PM
  • I tried that and get the same error.

Friday, July 20, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Hi

Powershell has a hard limit of 524288000.

The value for the powershell limit is in web.config file.

To increase the limit, increase the value and then recycle the app pool or iisreset.

In addition, The memory requirement can be reduced by doing batch processing (i.e. querying/processing 1000 mailboxes at a time).

Cheers

Zi Feng

• Proposed as answer by Zi Feng Monday, July 30, 2012 6:26 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Thanks for the responses. I just specified certain mailboxes rather than doing a search against the Exchange environment.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 4:01 PM
  • Hi

You can use where-object to filter those mailbox, also you could put them into a CSV and then Impor them.

Cheers

Zi Feng

• Proposed as answer by Zi Feng Monday, July 30, 2012 6:25 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:02 AM
  • Does this apply to Exchange 2016 as well?

I am running into this issue on Exchange 2010 when assigning public folder permissions. We are migrating public folders to Exchange 2016 in the next few months.

Sending data to a remote command failed with the following error message: The total data received from the remote client exceeded allowed maximum. Allowed maximum is 524288000. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

+ CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (System.Manageme...pressionSyncJob:PSInvokeExpressionSyncJob) [], PSRemoting

TransportException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : JobFailure

Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:41 PM