none
Calendar Invites Freezing the Computer in Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• HR sends calendar invites daily, and every time we send a calendar invite our computer freezes and dos not respond for approximately 1 minute sometimes more. As employees accept the calendar invite, our computers freeze for about 1 minute per each acceptance. If I send a large calendar invite for a training, I may not be able to use my computer for 30 minutes. In the morning when I receive notifications that employees have accepted my invites my computer freezes. If I try to edit a response before sending a calendar invite then the response freezes and I am not able to efficiently type a response and send.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Monday, September 19, 2016 5:55 PM

Answers

• Try running Outlook in safe mode (either hold the CTRL key while launching it or type 'Outlook /safe' in the run box), see if you can reproduce the issue. Also, disable any antivirus/antimalware and other scanning software. You can also try creating a new Outlook profile.
    Monday, September 19, 2016 6:58 PM

All replies

• Try running Outlook in safe mode (either hold the CTRL key while launching it or type 'Outlook /safe' in the run box), see if you can reproduce the issue. Also, disable any antivirus/antimalware and other scanning software. You can also try creating a new Outlook profile.
    Monday, September 19, 2016 6:58 PM
  • Hi,

Since this issue is more related to Outlook client, I recommend contact Outlook IT Pro team for further assistance.

Also, it seems like a performance issue, you can try the suggestions in below link to troubleshooting: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2695805
    Note:
    1. Reduce the size of .PST or .OST file.
    2. Ensure all device driver, Windows, Office is up to date.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:24 PM