none
What is Error 1303 in Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Error 1303 may be followed by the error message below:

The installer has   insufficient privileges to access this directory: <Directory>. The   installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system   administrator.

It might be caused by:

• The SYSTEM group does not have Full Control privileges.
      -or-
    • The Everyone group does not have Full Control privileges.

To prevent this error from occurring, make sure the folder location into which you are installing Office has Full Control permissions for either the Everyone group or the SYSTEM group. Check the permissions for the parent folders because the permissions on these folders may also cause this problem.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Error 1303 may be followed by the error message below:

The installer has   insufficient privileges to access this directory: <Directory>. The   installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system   administrator.

It might be caused by:

• The SYSTEM group does not have Full Control privileges.
      -or-
    • The Everyone group does not have Full Control privileges.

To prevent this error from occurring, make sure the folder location into which you are installing Office has Full Control permissions for either the Everyone group or the SYSTEM group. Check the permissions for the parent folders because the permissions on these folders may also cause this problem.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:26 AM
  • After error 2203, now error 1303! To be candid, I have trouble accepting everyone on my computers,since, I don't know the parameters of Everyone's reign on my computers. Yet I diligently write it on my %temp% properties to install office. Yet I still am getting that error. If you ask me, it is a direct violation of your rights as a personal computer user. What is personal here? Who the hell designs these ridiculous boundaries? Do these techies treat their own computers the same way? Or they have different rules?
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 12:15 AM