none
Exchange 2013 cached mode issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing an Exchange 2013 server. Everything was working fine but now Outlook clients running in cached mode do not save any of the embedded email images locally. When you view an email, the images load ok, and then go to another email and load the images, and when you go back to the first email Outlook needs to retrieve the images all over again. Every time you open an email it's as if you've never opened it to retrieve the content before. If I switch Outlook offline and then try to view emails, none of the embedded images are there [because it can't retrieve them from the server]. Any idea why it's not being cached locally? Again, this was not an issue until after making some configuration changes, some of which had to do with forcing SSL & NTLM.
    Friday, June 28, 2013 4:40 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you mean the issue occur when you use outlook cached mode, while the issue doesn't occur when you use outlook online mode? If so, I recommend you download these messages manually to check the result.

And I recommend you check if there exists sync issue in sync folder.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, June 29, 2013 6:31 AM
  • It happens in online or cached mode. I can select an email and the html images will load, then select the next email and the images load, and if I go back to the first read email again, the images aren't cached and they have to download all over again. Doesn't seem to be doing that with the attachments, just the linked images in the body of the message. I checked the sync folder and no issues or conflicts. Basically with this issue, I'd be unable to see any images in any of the messages unless I was connected to the exchange server.
    Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:54 AM