none
Versioning enabled in library, but not showing as option on documents RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a SharePoint Online subsite - a library that I have has versioning enabled in the version settings, but when I go try to find version history for a document, it's not even an option. Did I set it up wrong or is there some other error happening? Thank you!

Friday, October 4, 2019 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hi

Can you please follow the steps below

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-does-versioning-work-in-a-sharepoint-list-or-library-0f6cd105-974f-44a4-aadb-43ac5bdfd247

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Friday, October 4, 2019 11:53 PM
  • Hi Katrina_W,

Can you double check your versioning setting from library and Share the screenshot here. What type of document you are checking for versioning? By the designed of SharePoint online - we cannot see the versioning option from the ECB menu for "Notebook" file even though we have enabled the versioning in document library setting. So can you check whether you cannot see versioning for doc, excel, ppt file - I mean in which type of files you don't see versioning and share the screenshot.

Reference URL:

Same issue explained here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/sharepoint-online-version-history-does-not-show/6c61b710-a87a-4c93-9399-63342193d36e

Thanks&Regards,

Habibur Rahaman

MCSA,MCP,MCTS

My Certificates

Note: If you feel the proposed answer is helpful, please mark as so or if this answered your question,please mark as answer.

Saturday, October 5, 2019 8:56 AM
  • I am trying to see the versioning for word docs, excel workbooks, powerpoints, and visio workflows mainly. We do have OneNote Notebooks in this library too, but I understand that they do not have versioning capabilities in SP. Thank you for any further insights!

I tried posting a screenshot. but my account has not yet been verified. I have requested this to happen via Forum Issues. 

In the meantime, my version settings look like:

Require content approval for submitted items? No

Create a version each time you edit a file in this document library? Create major versions Example: 1, 2, 3, 4

Optionally limit the number of versions to retain: Keep the following number of major versions: 100

Who should see draft items in this document library? <label for="onetidMinorReader" style="font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;vertical-align:middle;">Any user who can read items</label>

Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited? No<label for="onetidMinorReader" style="font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;vertical-align:middle;"></label>

Create a version each time you edit a file in this document library?
    Create a version each time you edit a file in this document library?
    Monday, October 7, 2019 11:57 PM