none
Turn off forwarding for a meeting, Missing Allow forwarding option in 1902 and 1906 RRS feed

• Question

• We can't select the option to disable forwarding options for meetings, its not there in 1902 or 1906 versions.  How do we get that added?  Thanks for help in advance!!!

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi uga-buga,

Can you see this option on the web mail?

Do you use Exchange Online account? If you are using POP/IMAP or outlook.com account, this option cannot be used.

Besides, according to the official article, this feature is available for Monthly Channel (Version 1808 or later) and Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (Version 1902). I’d like to recommend you upgrade Office to the newest version to see if it helps.

We can also try changing the update channel to Monthly Channel to see the results. This can be achieved via following registry key:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate

Value name: updatebranch

Value type: REG_SZ

Value: Current

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 2:57 AM
  • This is a Microsoft Exhange account.  The feature is not there on 1902 or 1906.  I ran a full online repair on 1906 and it upgraded to 1907.  Feature is still not there in Outlook.  That registry setting is already set to current.  I checked OWA and I don't see the option there either.

Actually it says 1907 Monthly Channel on this other PC.

Anyway to get that option added?

Thanks again!

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:42 PM
  • Is this a delegate mailbox? If so, disable caching of shared folders in Outlook till this is fixed.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 2:24 PM
  • No delegates involved.  Its my mailbox.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 2:57 PM
  • No delegates involved.  Its my mailbox.
    What version of Exchange? This is only avail in Exchange Online
    Friday, August 23, 2019 2:59 PM
  • hmmm, Microsoft says its available in Outlook 1902 and up.  Seems to be conflicting information everywhere.  The person above disagrees.

"according to the official article, this feature is available for Monthly Channel (Version 1808 or later) and Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (Version 1902). I’d like to recommend you upgrade Office to the newest version to see if it helps."

Where do you see that its only available in exchange online?

Friday, August 23, 2019 3:10 PM
  • hmmm, Microsoft says its available in Outlook 1902 and up.  Seems to be conflicting information everywhere.  The person above disagrees.

"according to the official article, this feature is available for Monthly Channel (Version 1808 or later) and Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (Version 1902). I’d like to recommend you upgrade Office to the newest version to see if it helps."

Where do you see that its only available in exchange online?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/prevent-forwarding-of-a-meeting-8cd354e5-b319-403e-8dd2-88b8ee89b4dd

Note the currently supported box:

For Office 365 users

Friday, August 23, 2019 9:32 PM
  • Yes, we have office 365 accounts.  Shows in that link that its available on the Windows version, not just online version.

Outlook on Windows

For Office 365 users
    * Available for Monthly Channel (Version 1808 or later)
    * Available for Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (Version 1902)

Friday, August 23, 2019 9:34 PM
  • Yes, we have office 365 accounts.  Shows in that link that its available on the Windows version, not just online version.

Outlook on Windows

For Office 365 users
    * Available for Monthly Channel (Version 1808 or later)
    * Available for Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (Version 1902)

https://office365itpros.com/2018/09/14/block-calendar-forwarding/

Only users with Exchange Online mailboxes can blocking the forwarding of meetings.

Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:20 AM
  • Hi uga-buga,

I'm wondering if there are anything else I can do for you.

Agree with Andy, this feature is available for Exchange Online users.

So we need to check two conditions:

1. Exchange Online accounts
    2. Outlook version: Monthly Channel (Version 1808 or later) / Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (Version 1902)

If the information above is helpful to you, it's recommended to mark it as answer. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 4:36 AM
  • No that didn't help.  We are on version 1906 and 1907 and neither has the feature listed in Outlook as you say it should be there.
    Monday, August 26, 2019 2:18 PM
  • No that didn't help.  We are on version 1906 and 1907 and neither has the feature listed in Outlook as you say it should be there.
    If you are on-prem, then it wont be. Maybe one day however...
    Monday, August 26, 2019 6:02 PM