none
Integrate Cisco Unity with Lync Client RRS feed

• Question

• The way we are are trying to use  lync with uc and cisco Unity is by setting up "Remote Destinations".  Lets say my desk phone is 3320 and my lync extension is #3320.  I setup the remote destination to ring both extensions when 3320 is called and if you don't pickup then it should go to unity / voice mail, but instead it is going to a fast busy via using the Lync client only.
    Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:15 PM

Answers

• So people are calling the Cisco number for a user, Cisco is "sim-ringing" Lync, but you want Cisco to pull the call back to Unity rather than allow "unavailable" to be sent from Lync. If so I think you need to work on your timings on the Cisco Remote Destination setup. It should pull back to voicemail before the Lync client rings out, similar to stopping it going to a Mobile voicemail.

Long term if may well be better to look at Exchange UM for voicemail, as it is supported on both Cisco and Lync, and the same UM mailbox can be setup for both a Cisco and Lync user.

Hope that helps

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

• Marked as answer by JoelF12 Monday, March 12, 2012 9:32 PM
    Sunday, March 11, 2012 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately not. The only voicemail platform you can use with Lync is Exchange Unified Messaging. So there is no way to integrate cisco unity as a voice mail for microsoft lync.

Some other same threads for your reference: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsucintegration/thread/430c1183-6e37-4171-8f16-c6968367cc03 and http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsvoice/thread/93fef54b-eacc-4367-840b-e90aaf73df28/ 

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. Salahuddin | Blogs:http://salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com | MCITP Microsoft Lync

Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:45 PM
  • So people are calling the Cisco number for a user, Cisco is "sim-ringing" Lync, but you want Cisco to pull the call back to Unity rather than allow "unavailable" to be sent from Lync. If so I think you need to work on your timings on the Cisco Remote Destination setup. It should pull back to voicemail before the Lync client rings out, similar to stopping it going to a Mobile voicemail.

Long term if may well be better to look at Exchange UM for voicemail, as it is supported on both Cisco and Lync, and the same UM mailbox can be setup for both a Cisco and Lync user.

Hope that helps

Tom

Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

• Marked as answer by JoelF12 Monday, March 12, 2012 9:32 PM
    Sunday, March 11, 2012 2:09 PM
  • Thank you. it works now, it was teh timing on the Remote detintaion. thanks for all the hlep. This forum RULES! Now,  after i Successfully demo this to my CIO, i will go to take a class.

Monday, March 12, 2012 9:33 PM
  • hi,

can you share your resolution and describe the timing on remote destination so that me and other will get benefit from this.

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. Salahuddin | Blogs:http://salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com | MCITP Microsoft Lync

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:00 AM
  • Glad it helped :-)

As Shhatri said it would be intresting to konw what timings you settled on as I'm sure others will hit this

thanks

Tom

Twitter @tomarbuthnot

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:24 AM
  • Hello,

Please can you advise how this was all configured on the cucm side please.

Thanks,

Neil

Friday, December 2, 2016 5:24 PM