none
Error 1719 Installing Office 2010

Question

• I'm trying to install Office 2010 (32 bit) on a Windows 7 (64 bit) laptop.

It gets about half way through and gives the following error:

"Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed."

I've checked the Windows Installer and it is set to Automatic.  I've also tried unregistering and re-registering it as well.  Haven't found any answers on the web so far.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 1:36 PM

Answers

• Sally,

Many thanks for the reply.

As I still couldn't get anythingto work, I've simply wiped the laptop and reinstalled Windows 7 although I've gone for the 32-bit option this time as I'm sick of things not working properly in 64-bit. Oce I'd reinstalled Office installed fine.

Dave

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:53 AM
    Friday, June 11, 2010 1:23 PM

All replies

• Dear Dave,

This error is related to the Windows Installer service. We can try to resolve this issue by the steps below. Please try to install the Office program again after each step. If the problem persists, please go to next step.

Step 1:

==============

1.       Click Start, in the Search box, type services, and press Enter.

2.       In the Services (Local) list, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.

3.       If the Startup type drop-down list is set to a value of Disable, select the Manual option from the Startup type drop-down list, and then click OK.

4.       Click the File menu, and then click Exit.

Step 2: Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer

===============

1.       Click the Start peal, in the Search box, type Command Prompt.

2.       Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.

3.       In the Command Prompt window, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.

4.       Type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:23 AM
  • Sally,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately neither of those made a difference.

Product: Microsoft Office Office 64-bit Components 2010 - - Error 1719.  The The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

Any other ideas?

Dave

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:36 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Based on the current situation, we need to repair the Windows system.

Method 1: System file checker

============

1.  Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. 

2.  Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc  /scannow

The sfc  /scannow command scans all system files and will recover the corrupted ones. 

3. If the command is successful, please restart the computer and check the results again.

Note: You can also run the sfc command in safe mode to repair the corrupted files.

If the problem persists, try Method 2.

Method 2: In-place Upgrade

==============

We need to focus on system files and repair them with Windows 7  DVD first. If the Vista DVD is available, please perform the following steps:

Turn off Windows features

------------------

1. Click the Start Button, click Control Panel.

2. Click Classic View on the left pane, and double click Program and Features.

3. Click "Turn Windows features on or off" on the left pane.

4. In the Windows Features dialog box, uncheck all of the check boxes, and then click OK. 

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Now, let's perform the following steps to repair the corrupted files:

NOTE: In-Place upgrade will not remove any installed programs or files on the computer. It just repairs the system. However, it will remove all of the installed updates, we need to run Windows Update to reinstall them after repairing. In addition, I suggest we back up useful files to avoid data lose.

In-Place upgrade (Repair install)

-------------------------

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.

If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click the Start Button, type Drive:\setup.exe in the start search box and then click OK.

Note: Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows 7. Please make sure the edition of Windows 7 is selected correctly.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, June 11, 2010 10:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sally Tang Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:53 AM
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:26 AM
  • Sally,

Many thanks for the reply.

As I still couldn't get anythingto work, I've simply wiped the laptop and reinstalled Windows 7 although I've gone for the 32-bit option this time as I'm sick of things not working properly in 64-bit. Oce I'd reinstalled Office installed fine.

Dave

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:53 AM
    Friday, June 11, 2010 1:23 PM
  • Glad to hear that it works now.

Sally Tang

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:53 AM
  •  i'm having the same type of problem.  E C 1719 windows installer not accessable or installed improperly......   i  had this problem before, and wound getting a new trial version. Now i got 2010 instead of 2007 and i have the same problem.  What do i need to do?  w/out installing windows 7?  I currently have vista sp2

Sunday, July 11, 2010 1:13 AM
  • This is so frustrating when Microsoft can't make things work...no wonder people are heading over to a Mac!
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:02 PM
  • You're absolutely correct I'm going to buy a Mac....Microsoft has stolen enough money and production time from our small business; I never thought I could hate a corporation more than I hate the so-called technicians at Microsoft right now.

We've tried everything and none of these "suggestions" work, what good is this site?

Monday, August 16, 2010 5:07 AM
  • This does NOT WORK.....and given the date of your response, don't you think it is time for an update?
    Monday, August 16, 2010 5:10 AM
  • You can get into this problem in various ways. If you are using Windows XP OS then you may want to look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

If you think windows installer is working fine and it is just Office then ask yourself, "have I manually uninstalled a previous version of office or edited the registry"? For example if you have bits and pieces of an Office 2007 install that you want to remove, you can use this tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us

Regarding your comment about buying a MAC: If you buy a new PC or a new MAC they both will install Office just fine (Office for MAC 2011 just released).

[Edit 11/15/2010]
    There is another good post that some people have used here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officesetupdeploy/thread/c8782eb3-edc8-45e8-a23b-0166c5f81a85

• Edited by micrey Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:24 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 5:38 PM