Sharing Contact - The folder you selected is not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

One of the users in our organization is trying to sharing the contact list for the office.

She is able to send the contacts folder but the recipients cannot open the folder.

The error the recipient receives is "The Folder you selected is not available"

The recipients do have the proper permission rights to be a reviewer for the contacts folder.

Thank you

Matthew

Monday, August 25, 2014 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please directly open the share contact folder in Outlook 2013 user by the following steps to check whether it can be opened or not:

1. Open Outlook and switch to Contact pane.

2. Click Open Shared Contacts. Click Name to select the user who shared the contact folder to you.

3. Click OK to open the folder.

If the shared contact also can't be opened in the recipient's Outlook, please recheck the shared contact folder permission in the original user's Outlook:                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Right-click shared contact folder in sender's Outlook, click Properties > Permission and check whether the recipient is listed there with Reviewer or higher permission.

If this issue still exists, please let me know.

Regards.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please directly open the share contact folder in Outlook 2013 user by the following steps to check whether it can be opened or not:

1. Open Outlook and switch to Contact pane.

2. Click Open Shared Contacts. Click Name to select the user who shared the contact folder to you.

3. Click OK to open the folder.

If the shared contact also can't be opened in the recipient's Outlook, please recheck the shared contact folder permission in the original user's Outlook:                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Right-click shared contact folder in sender's Outlook, click Properties > Permission and check whether the recipient is listed there with Reviewer or higher permission.

If this issue still exists, please let me know.

Regards.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:20 AM
  • Hello,

I am having the same issue where the recipient of the shared contacts folder is getting a message saying "The folder you selected is not available."

I have tried sharing contacts from the sender, as well as requesting shared contacts from the recipient. I have tried opening the shared contacts folder through the recipient's Outlook via the Contacts - Open Shared Contacts - Select user who shared folder method described above.

I have also double-checked the permissions in the sender's Outlook, and the permissions are there for the recipient but still, I am unable to open the shared contacts folder. I am using Outlook 2016 and both the sender's and recipient's Outlook 2016 programs are up to date. I have tried removing the permissions for the recipient and then re-adding them, but that didn't work either.

Our exchange server allows for sharing of contacts within the organization, and the shared contacts between the sender and recipient has worked for many years, only to stop working about a week or so ago. I removed the shared contacts folder to try to re-add it, and have been unsuccessful in adding it.

I appreciate any help you might have for me.

Friday, September 8, 2017 2:25 AM