none
Outlook 2016 does not open after a power failure. Gives a error RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day.

I want to find out if there is somebody out there with a similar problem as ours.

Our client had MS Office 2013 Home & Business installed on his desktop pc. He then upgraded his MS Office package to Office 365 which then installed MS Office 2016. Ever since this upgrade we continues experience outlook problems. The error we will get is the following.

"Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The Microsoft Exchange information service in you profile is missing required information. Modify you profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange information service."

Client also has a Sony notebook and the other day the outlook 2016 gave the same error as well.

We never experience any problems with Outlook 2013 but only with Outlook 2016. The strange part is we will delete the outlook profile and recreate the profile from scratch and the outlook will work for a couple of days and then when the client experience a power failure and turn the pc back online after the power failure the outlook will not open and give you the above mentioned error message.

We tried almost every little solution available on the internet. But with no luck.

The Exchange Server is 2010 with latest sp3 and roll up patch 12.

So if somebody does also experience this kind of problem or did please reply to my post with a resolution. I would highly appreciate it.

Monday, February 8, 2016 7:38 PM

Answers