none
Gantt View error after installing SP2

Question

• Hi 

I have a SharePoint list which has a Gantt view set as a default view. This view was working fine till last Friday. On Saturday morning, I applied SP2 + FEB CU. It was a success. But from monday users have reported that this list (where this view is placed) is not opening. On drilling into the issue, I found that there is a Filter criteria set on the view viz. 

Where:

<Column Name> ---> this is a Date Time column

is greater that or equal to 

[Today]-3

Now, if there is a record in the list fulfilling this criteria, I get this error. If there is no record fulfilling this filter criteria, there is no error. Also, if I remove this filter criteria from the view, there is no error.

How do I fix it?

Friday, June 27, 2014 10:32 AM

All replies

• Gantt views and it is giving an popup error - ‘An error has occurred with the data fetch. Please refresh the page and retry’.

Check if below article can help you, it was saying about Patching the SharePoint Farm to the full April 2013 CU patch level permanently resolves the problem.

http://adammcewen.wordpress.com/2013/06/07/gantt-chart-web-part-error/

check the similar post

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/a270289b-1d8d-492d-8e2b-8bc683976be6/gant-view-error-after-upgrade-to-sharepoint-2010-sp2?forum=sharepointadminprevious

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/3ff345ec-93ca-4112-8c75-14351752aa28/gantt-view-failing-after-upgrade?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious

• Edited by sk2014 Friday, June 27, 2014 12:20 PM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 12:19 PM
  • Thanks!

I have patched my environment with FEB2014 CU. Still the issue persists.

Thursday, July 03, 2014 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

Looking in to the ULS logs, I found this error:

MetadataNavigationContext Page_InitComplete: No XsltListViewWebPart was found on this page[/divisions/BT/Service%20Delivery/Lists/Calender/Cal%20view.aspx].  Hiding key filters and downgrading tree functionality to legacy ListViewWebPart(v3) level for this list.

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.

at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.GanttV4.<NormalizeDateFields>b__3a(Nullable`1 value, DataRow dr, String col)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.GanttV4.TransformDataTableColumns[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 cols, Func`4 transform)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.GanttV4.GenerateGridSerializer() at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.GanttV4.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Does it tell something?

Friday, July 04, 2014 7:31 AM
  • Please check your columns and column conditions in the custom list
    Friday, July 04, 2014 7:40 AM
  • Hi sk2014,

What exactly do I have to check? The column on which filter is applied is a DateTime type column. And the condition is " <implementation date> is greater that or equal to [Today]-3.

Friday, July 04, 2014 8:53 AM
  • Do you have only one column in the list?

Create gratt view for another list,for testing purpose. and check the status.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2b3e7121-89fe-4492-bfc4-f10fd06396a5/sharepoint-2010-gantt-view-errors?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious

Saturday, July 05, 2014 10:52 AM
  • Seems like the issue is occurring for Date-Time column. And that too for conditions only:

1. greater than

2. greater than equal to

3. equal to

For rest of the conditions, the Gantt view works just fine.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:49 AM
  • Can you post your condition

Is that datatype column set to DateTime instead of String?

If yes, it not working in 2010. change the type to date time

Please refer this

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/3ff345ec-93ca-4112-8c75-14351752aa28/gantt-view-failing-after-upgrade?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious

Solution by rkwindows

• Edited by sk2014 Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:21 PM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:18 PM
  • My Filter condition is:

If <Date Time column> 'is Greater than' Today-3

I did not get this. Can you re-phrase it? If you are asking the type of column, yes it is a Date Time type column. It was working on SharePoint 2010 RTM version though. This issue appeared only after applying SP2 (SP2 + FEB 2014 CU).

• Edited by IMSunny Friday, July 18, 2014 6:07 AM Editing
    Friday, July 18, 2014 6:04 AM
  • We had the same error as an event was saved without the fAllDayEvent column, as the All Day Event field was removed from the All Events view, and somebody thought it was easier to enter new events via the Datasheet view. See details here
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:10 PM