none
Issues With Shared Mailbox ... Unable to connect in local network RRS feed

• Question

• Issues With Shared Mailbox ... Unable to connect in local network ... says unable to connect to exchange when trying to open the mailbox ; my user mailbox working fine and all working fine for people on the road connecting by outlook anywhere... autodiscover and everything is set to mail.domain.com got  A record for mail pointing on my exchange server ip for internal ...  anyone got a clue ?!?

RpcClientAccessServer "CAS.company.com" only thing i havent done and not sure about it 

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:57 AM

Answers

• Ya its resolved... was a dns issues... tryed to reproduce the issues in a test lab and was unable to got the same bug... then figured out that the people who had the issues had all statics ip and google to secondary dns so i cleared 8.8.8.8 and flush the dns ...   

thanks  guyz

• Marked as answer by Alexau84 Monday, February 10, 2014 11:54 PM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 11:17 PM

All replies

• Let's try a couple of troubleshooting steps.

1) Can you add it to an existing profile? additional mailbox.

2) New Outlook profile - open directly or as an additional mailbox?

3) Open the mailbox in OWA - open the mailbox once you have it open.

Try those and let us know the results.

JAUCG - Please remeber to mark replies as helpful if they were or as answered if I provided a solution.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 1:38 AM
  • i share it with ecp puting full rights so its add alone but when i try to open it its says unable to connect to exchange (from internal).... im able to open it going to profile adding another mailbox  ... but when using outlook anywhere all is fine ; the mailbox connect to exchange. got this issues with more than one shared mailbox ... tried to remake fresh profile after my ssl certificate was made but the issues remain. 

tought maybe rpc would be my issues cause of the weird name ... 2849240shffjks@domain.com

but not sure about changing it the server who got the issues is in production

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 1:59 AM
  • The weird name you mentioned, is that the server name listed in your mail profile in Outlook?  If so, that is to be expected as Exchange 2013 uses a long string for server names.  For example, on my profile for my Exchange 2013 server I see this "3a5b584b-5f64-4e82-abde-ac32da667965@<my domain>".

So let me summarize what you said above to make sure we are all on the same page:

1) Open Shared mailbox by itself it fails
    2) Add the mailbox as an additional mailbox it works.

How do you want to connect to this mailbox?  Do you want #1 to work where you open just that mailbox as a profile.  If you do, see this answer as it might work for what you are attempting - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64fc973b-2825-4991-8fa3-3d08c6a8df93/outlook-2010-cant-create-a-new-profile-with-a-shared-mailbox.

JAUCG - Please remeber to mark replies as helpful if they were or as answered if I provided a solution.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:38 PM
  • Hi,

Before going further, I’d like to confirm the following information:
    1. Please double confirm if only shared mailboxes cannot be directly opened internally or all mailboxes.
    2. Since all Outlook clients use Outlook Anywhere in Exchange 2013, we can try to reproduce the issue with OWA to check if it's related to Outlook Anywhere.
    3. Check the configuration: get-exchangecertificate|fl ; get-outlookanywhere |fl

Thanks,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Angela Shi Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:10 PM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:07 PM
  • Any further updates on this question?

Monday, February 10, 2014 10:03 PM
  • Ya its resolved... was a dns issues... tryed to reproduce the issues in a test lab and was unable to got the same bug... then figured out that the people who had the issues had all statics ip and google to secondary dns so i cleared 8.8.8.8 and flush the dns ...   

thanks  guyz

• Marked as answer by Alexau84 Monday, February 10, 2014 11:54 PM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 11:17 PM
  • OK.  Glad to hear you were able to resolve it.  Make sure to mark your question answered so no one else replies to it.

Monday, February 10, 2014 11:50 PM