Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager cannot create an External Switch RRS feed

• Question

• My system has two network connections, one is physical and one is Wifi.  I get the same result for both network connections whenever I attempt to create an External Switch and attach it to one of the network connections.

The error result is:

Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes
    Failed while adding virtual Ethernet switch connections.

Ethernet port
    '{2B7542A2-8652-4B62-944F-C063D6A059FD}' bind failed: {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. (0xC000022).

So far I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling all the network drivers and Hyper-V as well.  This is a brand-new installation of Windows 10, but the previous installation on the same hardware worked perfectly before it was re-imaged.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve Sj,

1. What is the account used to create the virtual switch, please ensure the account has rights to manager hyper services;

2. Is the win10 patched with the latest windows updates, if not, please install updates on the windows 10;

3. Test if disconnecting Wifi Connection could make effects to create external vswitch;

4. Also check if re-enable the physical network adapter could help.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:40 AM
  • Hi Steve Sj,

Just to check if you get any progress with your issue, could the above reply be of help, if yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if you have other concerns, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 6, 2017 6:13 AM
  • Hi, I solved this by: In PowerShell type: netcfg -d This WILL DELETE all network adapters AND network SETTINGS! Physical adapters will NOT be LOST. Then i restored my network settings and created new External Virtual Switches. This worked for me fine and fast. Windows 10 64bit there.

Dzintars

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 1:16 AM
  • Hi Steve Sj,

Have you tried Dzintars's suggestion? Could it work?

Best Regards,

Anne

Friday, November 24, 2017 2:58 AM