How to remote publishing to a sharepoint blog ( XML-RPC ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm using a third-party "curation" tool (an app that searches for articles on sites (RSS Feeds, web sites, etc.) to be reviewed and selected to be remotely published to blogs (such as WordPress). I want to remote publish to my Sharepoint blog, but can't access the site using the tool's function to add blog sites. the tool needs the URL of the blogs and the user name and password to access the blog site. I found only one another question in a forum (but without a definitive answer) concerning this issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13242215/posting-in-sharepoint-blog-with-adobe-contribute Like this person, I can't add my SharePoint blog to my app in order to remote publish to the SharePoint blog. What needs to be done in order to do so? (Note: I'm not a techie person and would need to give any complex instructions to a team that isn't super SharePoint savvy, so please keep the answer relatively simple.) When I wrote the third-party company they simply said that if the SharePoint blog "allows for XML-RPC remote publishing" then I could connect to it, so does SharePoint 2010 blog site allow this? (And how do I or my SP admin enable it to do so?) Thanks!!!!

JEL

Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:19 AM