none
3D Maps in Excel Giving a Status Code Error 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

A user at my company cannot access 3D Maps in Excel 2016, receiving this error message:

3D maps encountered an error while contacting Microsoft Bing mapping services. Functionality may be limited. Status Code : 3

A DirectX 10 error follows this. 

Graphics card has been updated, and all current Windows Updates have been applied. 

This is the only user to be having such a problem. 

Friday, November 1, 2019 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to check the requirement for Power Map:

• DirectX10
    • Latest graphics driver
    • Internet functionality requires an Internet connection.
    • Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
    • Monitor capable of at least 1024x768 resolution.
    • Please make sure you have installed Sliverlight: https://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

If your requirement is perfect please try to repair Office application and check the result:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b 

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, November 4, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hi Emi,

I just sat with the user and we updated the following:

- Direct X

- Latest Graphics Driver

- Microsoft Silverlight.

We also repaired the Microsoft Office suite

It still does not work - any further ideas on what I can try? Also what does Status Code: 3 refer to?

Kind Regards,

Stephen

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 4:49 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Did you use VPN to connect to the Internet?

What the default browser did you use? If you did not IE browser, try to set IE as default.

You can also try to reset IE settings.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 9:00 AM
  • Emi,

VPN is not used to connect to the internet. Default browser shouldn't matter given that this problem is in Excel 2016. Also couple that with the fact it currently works on computers that have Chrome/Firefox set as their defaults.

What is the definition of a Status Code 3 error in Excel 2016 when trying to launch 3D Maps?

Thanks,

Stephen

Thursday, November 7, 2019 5:12 PM
  • Hi,

Not very clearly about the error code, let’s try to the option 2 Completely uninstall Office with the uninstall support tool and re-install Office application:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Emi,

After uninstalling office, the error still persists.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:15 PM
  • Any further help with this please?

Monday, December 2, 2019 2:53 PM
  • It has now been 16 business days since a last response. Please can I have some further help with this issue?
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 10:58 PM
  • 19 days and counting. Very disappointing service. 
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 5:36 PM