none
Office Web Apps 2013 Query RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed Office web app 2013 on windows 2012 server(dedicated) along with the Internet server certificate and configured with SharePoint 2013 server, which is on another server. Post configuration I can able to open the Ms words, excel etc.. on browser. But I am unable to edit the same. Its given only the viewer option.  However, my SP2013 is full version only. Please share your ideas.

Thanks,

Ronan

Sunday, December 1, 2013 5:37 AM

Answers

• You license each individual user with edit rights for OWA in 2013. Read access is free. This license is separate from the SharePoint licensing. This is only a "paper" license, you just have to flip the EditingEnabled switch on your OWA farm.

Contact Microsoft Licensing with any licensing questions.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Sunday, December 1, 2013 9:19 AM

All replies

• You need to run Set-OfficeWebAppsFarm -EnableEditing. Note you need an OWA license for this functionality.

Trevor Seward, MCC

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Sunday, December 1, 2013 5:58 AM
  • Thanks.

But, I even tried for OWA volume lic and its not available in the vol site. According to Microsoft resource, we need to have a full version of sharepoint 2013 version. There is no lic required for OWA? Please confirm.

However, please suggest me, how to get the OWA full licience.

Sunday, December 1, 2013 9:15 AM
  • You license each individual user with edit rights for OWA in 2013. Read access is free. This license is separate from the SharePoint licensing. This is only a "paper" license, you just have to flip the EditingEnabled switch on your OWA farm.

Contact Microsoft Licensing with any licensing questions.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Sunday, December 1, 2013 9:19 AM