none
Edge subscription : Sharing the same certificate between Edge and Hub Transport servers is not allowed RRS feed

• Question

• Edge subscription : Sharing the same certificate between Edge and Hub Transport servers is not allowed
    I  have created EDGE subscription several times in the paste, and I put public valid public certificate from MBX server to EDGE server and go with edge subscription… I even use same document…So  I have Certificate with several  SAN names “public”, i imported it to EDGE server and assign SMTP. Start edge subscription and i get pasty little  error on MBX server  »Sharing the same certificate between Edge and Hub Transport servers is not allowed”. 
    So I remove certificate from EDGE, Assign SMTP to self sign certificate and subscription went ok. Then I imported Public trusted certificate back to EDGE server. And yes when I assign SMTP, I have to  create new edge subscription and yes it fails with same error !
    I believe there must be a bug. Because that is normal  way doing edge subscription.

Edge is 2010 SP3 latest CU, Mailbox server  is Exchange 2013 latest RU 12.

Friday, May 6, 2016 8:35 PM

Answers

• A,

no..

but when you assign  certificate fro SMTP, you MUST not answer YES, to replace default SMTP certificate

• Marked as answer by MaliStane Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:57 PM

All replies