none
Recovering deleted emails from olk15_message files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I was performing a backup and delete of emails hosted on a web-server, adding them to an OLM file in Outlook. However, I deleted the folder in Outlook without exporting it back to the .OLM file, so all emails are now deleted on the webserver and not within the .OLM file.

The messages are still on the hard-drive of the machine within ‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨XXXXXX ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Group Containers⁩ ▸ ⁨UBXXXXXXXX.Office⁩ ▸ ⁨Outlook⁩ ▸ ⁨Outlook 15 Profiles⁩ ▸ ⁨Main Profile⁩ ▸ ⁨Data⁩ ▸ ⁨Messages⁩

If an individual message is opened in Outlook, it can then be moved into the .OLM file using the move button in Outlook. Is there a way to bulk move these individual olk15_message files into the .OLM file?

Thanks!

Monday, July 29, 2019 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Al Stuart,

As far as I know, OLK files are temporary files maintained by the profile of Outlook for mac. The OLK files are used for individually maintaining the data of a respective profile.

As these are temporary files, there is no built-in option in Outlook 2016 for mac to recover these data.

You may check this link to see if it’s helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by AnnieDs Thursday, August 1, 2019 8:06 AM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:10 AM
  • Thanks Perry - appreciate the feedback - so it looks as though the only way to do it is to open each temporary file in outlook one by one and then move them into another folder by hand...

Or fork out on one of these paid tools that may or may not work :/

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:23 PM
  • you can try google some tools
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 8:06 AM