none
Sharepoint Farm-Deployment updates not available in Configman 1511 RRS feed

• Question

• Is this by design?

Is this because Farm-Deployment updates are marked as LDR or is this due to a setting on the SharePoint server which prevents automated update deployment via configman?

Monday, April 3, 2017 3:42 PM

All replies

• There are no settings in SharePoint that can impact updates. All updates should be manually installed as you must run the Config Wizard post-install.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, April 3, 2017 3:50 PM
  • This setting affects updates: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\14.0\WSS" Type: REG_SZ Value name="ServerRole”

The Farm-Deployment updates are available in WSUS but not in ConfigMan SUP. I believe this is by design but I am trying to verify this and find out why. 

• Edited by TNT48185 Monday, April 3, 2017 3:56 PM
    Monday, April 3, 2017 3:53 PM
  • Hi TNT48185,

Some updates are not getting synced into SCCM even though they are in the WSUS Admin console.  This is because SCCM will not sync updates that may require user input or updates that have been superseded.

It is by design, and this decision was made because this update needs a special update process to make sure the servers are installed correctly.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:53 AM