none
Recover deleted emails RRS feed

• Question

• I recently synced 2 gmail accounts to my outlook and downloaded their entire history to Outlook. I didn't want to take up a ton of space on my computer, so in Outlook I deleted a ton of emails, which I thought would ONLY delete the emails in Outlook, but not in Gmail. I then realized that the emails were actually deleted in Gmail as well :-(. I also deleted the "Deleted" folder. Is there any way to get these emails back? Help please! Thanks,

Jesse

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 4:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Jesse,

It looks like you've configured your Gmail account into Outlook as a POP3 account. By default, a POP3 account will delete the original email message from the server after downloading it to the local disk.

If this is the case, all your email messages are stored in a .pst file. Unfortunately, there is no official option to recover Outlook items permanently deleted from a pst file.

Take a look at this article which describes a possible method (which only works under very limited circumstances), give it a try and see if any luck:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/recover-deleted-messages-pst-files/

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

It is always recommended to back up important data regularly.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 29, 2016 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Jesse,

It looks like you've configured your Gmail account into Outlook as a POP3 account. By default, a POP3 account will delete the original email message from the server after downloading it to the local disk.

If this is the case, all your email messages are stored in a .pst file. Unfortunately, there is no official option to recover Outlook items permanently deleted from a pst file.

Take a look at this article which describes a possible method (which only works under very limited circumstances), give it a try and see if any luck:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/recover-deleted-messages-pst-files/

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

It is always recommended to back up important data regularly.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 29, 2016 6:43 AM
  • If you have permanently deleted your emails from deleted folder, then you can recover it by using pre-defined steps:

Step 1: Open Outlook and then go to Deleted Items Folder.

Step 2: Make sure that you have selected “Home”, then click on Recover Deleted Items from Server.

Step 3: Select the items which you want to recover and check Restore Selected Items and then Click Ok.

Now, you can check all the recovered items in ‘Deleted Items’ folder and move them to the desired folder.

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:24 AM