none
2010 Outlook Sync with Windows Phone 8

Question

• I have a new Windows Phone 8 and a Live account.  I've downloaded and installed the Outlook Hotmail connector.  I'm running Win7 and Outlook 2010 on my PC (no Exchange connection).  Now how do I make the changes to my Outlook calendar on my PC show up on my Windows Phone?  This seems way too hard
    Friday, April 05, 2013 4:36 PM

All replies

• I can confirm the hotmail calendar in Outlook would be upload to hotmail mailbox and then it would also sync with you Windows Phone 8. You just need to a little patience and wait for a period of time.

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 08, 2013 7:29 AM
  • Thanks for the encouragement.  However, I don't understand why I need to make Outlook.com my primary mailbox and calendar.  I have multiple email addresses some that are Exchange based and some that are not, so moving everything into Outlook.com is a real hassle and doesn't serve my needs.  I'm just looking for a way to easily sync my Outlook contacts and calendar with my phone.  This was a lot easier a couple of years ago with ActiveSync and now it seems like an incredible hassle and doesn't meet my needs.  I'm a little unhappy with MS right now as they seem to think that they're still the center of the universe and it's not the case any more.  Although I've been a loyal MS user for many years, I'm seriously considering alternatives.

Monday, April 08, 2013 1:44 PM