none
Outlook calendar sharing invitation doesn't connect calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange Online, Office 365 Pro Plus

User 1 has a user-created calendar and sent a sharing invitation to several other users. All users were able to accept the invitaiton and view the calendar in their Outlook desktop clients, except for User 2 on one computer only. It works fine for User 2 on other computers and in Outlook Online.

Things we've already tried:

• Deleted the Outlook cache from %appdata% and %localappdata%
    • Delete and create new Mail profile
    • Repair Office
    • Completely uninstall, download, and re-install Office 365 Pro.
    • Disable downloading of shared folders

Any ideas on what the problem might be and how to fix it?

I know that we can give User 2 Reviewer permissions to the root and Calendar folders in User 1's mailbox, but that's a workaround, not a solution. I'm looking for an actual solution.

Blog / Twitter

Monday, August 19, 2019 9:49 PM

Answers

• One of our field techs was able to fix the problem by sharing a calendar in the opposite direction. User 2 created a calendar and shared it with User 1. When User 1 accepted that sharing invitation, then User 1's shared calendar finally loaded in User 2's Outlook client.

Blog / Twitter

• Marked as answer by reprac Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:19 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Will other users have this problem on that particular computer? What's the specific issue? Can't accept?

Do you mean that it work fine for user 2 on the problematic computer when the Outlook is started in online mode? Then the issue may be related to the OST file or the OAB, now that you have tried recreating a new profile so it is suggested to recreated OAB files:

1. Close your Outlook client
    2. You can paste the path below in the Address Bar of Explorer to quickly open the location.
      C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
    3. You’ll find a folder called "Offline Address Books", rename the "Offline Address Books" folder by appending .old behind it.
    4. Restart your Outlook.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:30 AM
  • I had already tried deleting all cached Outlook data from both %appdata% and %localappdata%, which includes the OST and OAB files. Unfortunately, that didn't resolve the problem.

Blog / Twitter

Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

Will other users have this problem on that particular computer? What's the specific issue? Can't accept or view?

Given this situation, it is suggested to repair your Outlook use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA).

If the issue continues only on this specific computer, then there may be something wrong with the computer itself, please try a new windows profile and more.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, August 23, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, August 26, 2019 9:34 AM
  • this issue is unclear. 

What do you mean by “doesn't connect calendar”? 

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:41 AM
  • Normally when you accept a calendar sharing invitation, the shared calendar is automatically connected in Outlook. In this case, it is not. There are no error messages. Outlook acts as if it loaded the calendar, but it didn't.

I can't think of another way to explain it.

Blog / Twitter

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:37 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

Will other users have this problem on that particular computer? What's the specific issue? Can't accept or view?

Given this situation, it is suggested to repair your Outlook use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA).

If the issue continues only on this specific computer, then there may be something wrong with the computer itself, please try a new windows profile and more.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

Have you tried my suggestions above? What's the results?

Besides, how about open the shared calendar by clicking Add Calendar?

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hi,

It has been a while, have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, August 30, 2019 7:24 AM
  • One of our field techs was able to fix the problem by sharing a calendar in the opposite direction. User 2 created a calendar and shared it with User 1. When User 1 accepted that sharing invitation, then User 1's shared calendar finally loaded in User 2's Outlook client.

Blog / Twitter

• Marked as answer by reprac Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:19 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:19 PM