none
mails disappear and then appeared after creating another profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I experienced a strange problem , an email is sent from outside is delivered to inbox ,this mail was shown for just 2 second and then disappeared from the inbox ,this mail is found in inbox using owa or active sync but you can't view the mail using outlook office but if you search for it you will find it,so i created  another profile for oulook office then the mail was found 

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi om zeyad,

Does this issue happen to specific email?

Invisible email issue could be related with many aspects:

• View settings hide this email.
    • A corruption in the local data file
    • Corrupted personal settings.

As you can see this email normally in a new profile, you can directly use the new profile. There could be some corrupted settings that hide this email.

If you still have concern about the original profile, you can also try following steps:

1. Reset View

Locate on the problematic folder. Click View > Reset View.

2. Repair Data file

Follow the instruction in this article.

If you have further concern, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:41 AM
  • Dear Perry,

I suspect that someone installed a third party to do that ,and i'm sure of it because this happens to mails sent from specific persons in our organiztion ,so do you have an idea about that 

there is a program that can access other ost 

Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:35 AM
  • >>I'm sure of it because this happens to mails sent from specific persons in our organiztion 

Do you mean this issue happen to specific recipient? Or specific sender? In the original post, I've noticed that you mentioned emails from external sender.

Will email appear after resetting view and repairing data file?

We can also try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 5:27 AM
  • Hi Perry,

it's a strange problem I think there is a bug that users inside my company are playing with,

some users now complain that specific emails are gone from outlook office ,but the mail was not deleted it is still in owa 

case 1 :

a mail was sent from outside the company ,was delivered to 3 recipents at our organization (paul,meena,hd)

the recipient (paul)  ,he was surprised that the mail was gone and he didn't delete it ,we found it in owa in inbox ,the same problem appeared again at other user he swear he didn't do something and he can't find specific mails that hd recipint is in cc,not all mails are gone 

all mails that disapper is related to hd mail ,in other words if hd are in cc in the mail received by other users in the company, these mails disappear from the inbox of other user 

I'm realy confused 

Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:03 AM
  • >>all mails that disapper is related to hd mail ,in other words if hd are in cc in the mail received by other users in the company, these mails disappear from the inbox of other user 

It seems that a filter or add-in was applied. Have you tried resetting view and safe mode?

If issue still continues, we may test in a new Windows profile for one problematic user to see the results.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, October 21, 2019 9:39 AM
  • I’ll write a brief summary here for your information:

[Issue Symptom:]

====================

Specific emails become invisble from all users' mailbox. (OWA is ok)

[(Possible) Cause:]

====================

1. Third-party add-in
    2. View corruption

[Troubleshooting Steps so far:]

1. Safe mode
    2. Reset View
    3. Test in a new Windows profile
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:06 AM