Exchange Server Mailbox Recovery RRS feed

• Question

• After a dual hardware failure on our server, this needed to be rebuilt from scratch and the OS re-installed.

Unfortunately this meant a renaming of the server from corp.DOMAIN.com to DOMAIN.local

I am attempting to recover the backup data from the exchange server to the new current running environment but I keep receiving errors when using the Exchange recovery tool.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I can do to recover all the email messages and information from the backup files.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:37 AM

All replies

• Usually when the server must be rebuilt we would reset (but not delete) the computer account for the server in AD and re-install using the /recover switch.

It looks like in your case the server has a different FQDN, a different SID and a different GUID.

Since none of these match up with the original server, it's likely that is the cause of the problem.

Otherwise, what Ronny Smith said: Exchange version? Some are still using 2003 and others 2013. Very different systems.

And what is the error message?

I also would tend to think that short of redoing the entire process with the /recover switch, you'll probably have to use a 3rd party tool to extract the mailboxes from the backup and then import them.

Lucid8 Digiscope also comes to mind. Also Lepide has software for this.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 1:56 PM
  • Use Eseutil/r and Etseutil/p command to repair files in Exchange Server Database.

Eseutil /P c:exchsrvrmdbdataDB1.EDB /Sd:exchsrvrmdbdataDB1.STM /Te:TEMPREPAIR.EDB

The inbuilt tools fixes files on Exchange server. After recovery process run Isinteg.exe tool to combine all the files and defragment database.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:54 AM
  • SamVik, I am confused on your post i.e.

1. Whats the relevance to this post?

2. Eseutil /r is to roll the logs its not a repair action and eseutil /p is a repair but should only be done as a last resort and ALWAYS make a working copy of the EDB before /P since it is a destructive action.

Again though why are you posting to this issue and whats the relevance?

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:37 PM
  • Exchange Server Recovery is a powerful and efficient repair utility of MS Exchange and it is designed to restore all the inaccessible user mailboxes by repairing damaged or removed database files of Exchange Server. With this software, mailboxes are recovered and can be imported directly and used as PST file in MS Outlook.Company offer Free Trial version of Exchange Server Recovery tool, it is full featured rather than to save mailbox. Product link - http://www.pcrecoveryutility.com/exchange-server-recovery.html
    Wednesday, June 28, 2017 8:50 AM