none
SharePoint Workflow History Migration using ShareGate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi SharePoint folks,

I am Migrating SharePoint custom lists to 2016 with workflows using ShareGate. Workflows migrated successfully but unable to migrate workflow history any solution?

Thanks

SharePoint Developer/Consultant at Microsoft Partner Firm

Sunday, October 20, 2019 11:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sabee Sharif.

ShareGate Desktop does not support the migration of workflow tasks and workflow history, as you can read at https://support-desktop.sharegate.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000600747-Workflow-Status-History-and-Tasks-are-not-preserved.
    I think you should migrate the whole content database of the site collection, since also using Export-SPWeb/Import-SPWeb cmdlets won't allow you to move the workflow associated to a SharePoint list.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Sunday, October 20, 2019 11:33 AM
  • Hi Sabee,

As Luigi says, if you want to migrate workflow history at the same time, you should choose content DB approach.

In addition, if you still can't see workflow history after migrating using the content database method, you can refer to this:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/207291/after-migration-i-cannot-see-the-workflow-history-associated-with-the-list-item

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best Regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

Best Regards

Itch Sun

Monday, October 28, 2019 9:34 AM