none
Error: Sorry, we're having trouble reaching the server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I’ve a issue with my SharePoint 2016 On premises site, that while sharing permission or entering names in any people picker I'm getting this error "Sorry, we're having trouble reaching the server".

Hence I’m unable to shared the permission to anyone.

Also, while clicking Shared with, I'm getting error "unexpected response data from server".

I’ve tried the following, which doesn’t help me

• resetting IIS,
    • restarted the server
    • different user names
    • memory space is sufficient in the server.

Please help me in fixing this error.

Regards,

Sudheer

Thanks & Regards, Sudheer

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Sudheer, 

There are several things you can look into to narrow down your issue:

1. Check if the SharePoint server has enough resources such as Memory to process the function without timing out.
    2. Check if Anonymous Authentication is enabled for your web site in IIS.
    3. Make sure “HTTP Activation” feature is activated on your SharePoint server.
    4. Try deactivating "Limited-access user permission lockdown mode" Feature from site collection features.

If the issue still exists, check the ULS log, ULS logs for SharePoint 2016 are located in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\LOGS

Also try other solutions mentioned in below articles(these two articles are for SP 2013, but also work for SP 2016):

https://www.sharepointdiary.com/2016/07/sharepoint-2013-people-picker-sorry-were-having-trouble-reaching-the-server.html

https://guidesharepoint.wordpress.com/2016/11/25/people-picker-error-message-sorry-were-having-trouble-reaching-the-server-in-sharepoint-2013-hnsc/

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I checked the Logs and find that it was issue with Port number which is restricted and due to which the issue is appearing.

Regards,

Sudheer

Thanks & Regards, Sudheer

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Hi Sudheer, 

Since your issue is solved, please remember to mark your reply as an answer. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:34 AM
  • Hi Sudheer, 

Please remember to mark your reply as an answer. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:25 AM
  • Hi Sudheer, 

Since your issue is solved, please remember to mark your reply as an answer.

It will benefit many other users who met the similar issue. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:35 AM