none
My Retention Policies are not being Activated!? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I cannot seem to trigger my Retention policy stage to initiate a workflow. Ive tried setting the event type to date, modify, declare, and create. I also tried setting the time period to be 0 OR 1 days from the event's occurence.  Nothing works to trigger my workflow?

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Jerry

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:56 PM

All replies

• Its based on the timer service for your retention policy. Your timer might have not ran yet. By default I think this is set to weekly.

Ameet Phadnis (Alexander Open Systems) Please remember to click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:38 PM
  • Thank you,

I have not obtained any responses that have complete solved my questions, yet; otherwise I will.  So you said that the timer is set to weekly.  So does that mean that I have to wait a full week to see the results of my set Retention Policy?  Secondly, If I do not have access to the Central Administration OR I am required to avoid a coding solution; Is there anyway that I can change the weekly setting to Daily?

Thank you very much.

Jerry

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:02 PM
  • You will have to do it through SharePoint Central Administration. Follow this link -

http://www.matdesmarais.com/2012/04/testing-short-term-retention-policies-in-sharepoint-2010/

Ameet Phadnis (Alexander Open Systems) Please remember to click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:12 PM
  • Thank you but as I mentioned before, I do not have access rights to Central Administration and may not be able to obtain those rights. Is this the only way I can change the timer job without coding?

Thank you.

Jerry

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:21 PM
  • Can you ask your SharePoint administrator to do it for you?

Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:25 PM
  • I have sent out a request to our IT Help Desk for the permissions to the Central Admin. If I am not granted access, I will have to find another means of a recurring workflow. 

I have been presented with two options that avoid coding:

1) Adjust timer jobs settings through the MGNT PowerShell. I am not exactly sure how this works.

2) Create two custom workflows in SPD. One being a primary and another a secondary to create recurrence of workflow.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions as far as the two option that I presented or any additional solutions.

Thank you.

Jerry

Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:42 PM
  • And if I make adjustments in Central Admin to the Timer Jobs, will this effect other team sites/project sites within our companywide Sharepoint farm?

Jerry

Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:06 PM