SharePoint 2013 site compatible with 2010 collection? RRS feed

• Question

• From what I am seeing about versions, I'm guessing that I cannot import a SharePoint 2013 site into a 2010 collection? can anyone verify that there are no options available to me?
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:38 PM

Answers

• Can you expand on the operation you want to perform?

If a Site Template is marked as a 2013 template, you would not be able to import that into a 2010 Site Collection, if that is your question.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:10 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:32 PM
  • If you want to move the site collection from 2013 to 2010 then it is not gonna work.

But you have one option using the 3rd party tool i.e shregate....i believe they will help to move the content.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:44 PM

All replies

• Can you expand on the operation you want to perform?

If a Site Template is marked as a 2013 template, you would not be able to import that into a 2010 Site Collection, if that is your question.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:32 PM
  • If you want to move the site collection from 2013 to 2010 then it is not gonna work.

But you have one option using the 3rd party tool i.e shregate....i believe they will help to move the content.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:44 PM