MS Project Online capabilities - Portfolio/Project Management & Reporting RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone point me to information on MS Project Online's capabilities around Portfolio Management & Status/Dashboard Reporting? More specifically, does Project Online enable you to create Global & Project specific contact lists, customize status and dashboard reports to include fields such as Meeting Attendees, Meeting Date/Time, Meeting Frequency (Weekly), Meeting Location (In Person, Video Conference)? Thank You
    Wednesday, November 25, 2020 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Project Online does have the capabilities of project management, demand management, portfolio management with status and dashboard reporting (through PowerBI).

You can start from Microsoft Project page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/project/project-portfolio-management

For the other subject, meeting, contact list, attendees, I would say that it is a completly different topic versus project and portfolio management. It is related to collaboration and team work. Project is a sharepoint based application so it embeds collaboration features. It is also integrated with OneNote and more recently with Teams. So you can have a full O365 integrated approach.

I think there are many concerns in your question and you should contact a Microsoft Project partner to have a first discussion which will make you understand this ecosystem.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, November 26, 2020 1:27 PM