Windows Firewall with Advanced Security: Scope of Rules: Remote Address: Predefined set of computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

According to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee806447.aspx you can create an own collection of computers:

You can also define or select a set of computer from a drop-down menu that has a predefined set of computer. Refer to the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security documentation to find out how to define a set of computers from which to select. There are some existing collections of computers available already.

you can create your own set of computers.

Where can this be done - and how are the existing groups be reviewed?

I wasn't able to find any documentation on this

Thank you

Philippe

Philippe Schnyder

Monday, June 24, 2013 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Philippe,

Thanks for the post.

Firstly, the article you mentioned applies for Communications Server 2007 R2. Communications Server 2007 R2 is a product of Microsoft Office.

Therefore, I would like to check what product you have. If it is related to Communications Server 2007 R2, you can post the question in Microsoft Office related forums for help.

Thanks.

Jeremy Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:48 AM
  • Dear Jeremy

This is filed under Communications Server 2007 R2 but regards the Windows Firewall!

But even if we ignore this quote which I only used as en example the question remains: How are predefined sets like Intranet defined and can I define new ones?

Intranet and Remote Corp Network are definitions which are done by Sysadmins and which can't be defined by an Operation System... Therefore I expect a place where I can define them!

Best regards

Philippe

Philippe Schnyder

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:19 PM
  • Dear Jeremy

Do you have any updates on this?

Thank you

Philippe

Monday, July 1, 2013 3:01 PM