none
Incoming messages are queued forever RRS feed

• Question

• We run one Exchange 2016 server on Windows 2012 R2. In Mid May we found one user mailbox "user1" was corrupted. So we backed up all his emails, deleted the mailbox, and recreated a new one. The user also had one alias called "alias1", and it has been added to the account as well. 

Then after about a month, I found all internal emails are working fine, but incoming emails are working only with user1@mydomain.com, only 1 or 2 of every 10 incoming emails to alias1@mydomain.com are received, all the other emails received by Exchange are just queued somewhere unknown. For example I queried two emails from the same sender to alias1@mydomain.com below.

The one still queued somewhere after nearly a month:

6/18/2019 9:30 AM exchange.mydomain.local
    Message was received by exchange.mydomain.local from myincominggateway.com.

7/11/2019 9:59 AM exchange.mydomain.local
    Message delivery is taking longer than expected. There may be system delays. For more information, contact your email admin.

The one received 3 hours later on the same day was however delivered immediately:

6/18/2019 12:05 PM exchange.mydomain.local
    Message was received by exchange.mydomain.local from myincominggateway.com.

The e-mail address for recipient "alias1@mydomain.com" was updated to the e-mail address "user1@mydomain.com". The message is in the process of being delivered.

The message has been transferred from exchange.mydomain.local to EXCHANGE.Mydomain.local.
    Delivered
    The message was successfully delivered.

• Edited by KenLiuAU Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:52 AM
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:11 AM

All replies

• Hi KenLiuAU,

What is the email address of this user? Please run the following command and post the result:

Get-Mailbox User1 |fl Name,Alias,Emailaddresses,PrimarySMTPaddress

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi Niko,

Thanks for your reply. I got the result below.

Get-Mailbox User1 |fl Name,Alias,Emailaddresses,PrimarySMTPaddress

Name               : User1
    Alias              : User1
    EmailAddresses     : {smtp:alias1@mydomain.com, smtp:user1@mydomain.local, X400:C=AU;A=
                         ;P=MYDOMAIN;O=Exchange;S=User12;, SMTP:user1@mydomain.com}
    PrimarySmtpAddress : user1@mydomain.com

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:53 AM
  • Hi KenLiuAU,

It seems everything is normal. 

If the sender removes the cache of this user, and input the email address (alias1@domain.com) manually to test again. Does the same issue occur?  

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Friday, July 19, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Hi KenLiuAU,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Monday, July 29, 2019 9:43 AM
  • Hi Niko,

We cannot contact those email senders as there are too many. I just wonder if there is anyway for me to check the queued emails and deliver them?

Thanks,

Ken

Monday, August 5, 2019 4:08 AM
  • Hi Ken,

You can try to remove X400 email address and check if any helps. 

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Friday, August 9, 2019 1:45 AM