none
SharePoint 2010 Alert Me Not Sending Alerts when Item Deleted RRS feed

• Question

• I setup an alert on a list:

1. Send e-mail
    2. Only send me alerts when: All changes
    3. Send me an alert when: Anything changes
    4. Send notification immediately

I received an alert when the item was added but not when the user deleted it.

Does this have to do with the user who deleted the item (which was the user who created the item)? 

Why would I not receive notification that the item was deleted?

Monday, October 7, 2019 4:09 PM

All replies

• You can do the troubleshooting tips

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/support/sites/no-alert-notifications

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Monday, October 7, 2019 5:09 PM
  • Monday, October 7, 2019 5:10 PM
  • Hi, C1TonyB,

It shall not be a issue with the user who delete it. Double check with the user about how he delete the item. Here are something you can try for troubleshooting:

1. Create a new alert with the same settings. Repeat the process where you have the issue and check if it works. 

2. Test alerts with different users in different libraries. 

3.Check the ULS log and determine whether SharePoint try to send the alert email. Logs file path:C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS. Search the logs whose category is "email". 

4. Check the exchange server for the alert email. 

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Thank you.

I restored the item that we didn't receive a deleted alert for and deleted again.  This time we received the alert.  I deleted the alert and added a new alert.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:06 PM
  • Thank you.

I didn't see anything in the logs for "email."  I see multiple alert emails but they only show the subject which just shows the list name.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:10 PM
  • Hi, C1TonyB,

Recreate the alert seems to solve your issue. Glad to hear you get everything right. Please mark the reply as answer so other community members will find the solutuion easily.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:14 AM
  • Hi, C1TonyB,

I’m pleased to know that you have fixed the issue. I hope you are delighted with the service we provided you.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[SharePoint 2010 Alert Me Not Sending Alerts when Item Deleted]

====================================================

Issue Symptom:

The SharePoint list alert is not sending notifications

Cause:

The Alert is corrupted.

Solution:

Recreate a new alert.

Best Regards

Jerry

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:11 AM