none
Folder in Windows Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

i´m new to Wss 3.0

we have a couple of folder on our server that we wonder if we can in some way get into WSS 3.0 portal 

because we want users to use wss 3.0 portal instead for the explorer 

/Tr

jcksting
    Monday, February 1, 2010 8:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can have folders/sub-folders in a document library in WSS. But what are the contents of your folder? What are the file types of files in the folder. WSS doesnt support all the files by default. But you can customise your application for different file types.
    Monday, February 1, 2010 9:51 AM
  • hi 

Overall it is office document like excel ,word.powerpoint is is on a server ex \\serv1\office

and should show up on the portal. we have about 100-200 office document .

/Tr

jcksting
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:22 AM
  • You can create a document library and a folder in it. Upload all the documents from your folder to the folder you created in doc library. (Use Open with windows Explorer ooption. copy and paste your documents.). You can now use this folder and keep on updating this folder for uploading deleting documents.

Monday, February 1, 2010 12:03 PM

• there are a couple of free webParts available on CodePlex... http://networkshare.codeplex.com/

Network File Share Webparts is a set of 2 webparts to allow the access to your network file shares from within SharePoint. The file shares can either be display using a traditional web application or via web folders (WebDAV).

Networkshare.jpg

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    Monday, February 1, 2010 12:13 PM
  • Oh dats great... I didnt know that... this will ease romhill's work
    Monday, February 1, 2010 12:16 PM
  • wow cool

but how do install this webpart `?

newbie here on sharepoint

/Tr

jcksting
    Monday, February 1, 2010 7:10 PM
  • Hi Rom,

1. On the server Unzip and go to NetworkShare\HomeShare\NetworkShareList\bin\Debug
    2. Copy the setup.bat and NetworkShareList.wsp to a seperate folder like c:\Apps\NetWorkShareWebPart
    3. Modify the setup.bat and modify the DefaultWebUrl and aultSiteUrl with your Portal Address http://MyPortal
    4. Run setup.bat

I will post a setup.exe that configures everything for you BTE of the week... I have two deployments and documentation prior to creating a user friendly installation...

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    Monday, February 1, 2010 8:43 PM