none
Outlook 2016 network attachment problem RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all!

My problem is if in out domain environment (Windows Server 2011 Small Business Server), somebody attached a file from a network location(sharepoint 2010) it is inserted as a link, not a file. My problem is described here, but unfortunatelly there is no real solution. Can you point me to the right direction please?

thank you

Monday, June 26, 2017 3:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Outlook will by default send a link instead of the actual file when inserting cloud attachments. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the default attach behavior for Cloud Attachments but there are several options and workarounds which still allow you to send an actual file. See the following article for more information:

https://www.msoutlook.info/question/attach-instead-of-link-to-onedrive-files

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:27 AM
  • Thank you for the answer, it is helpful. But may i ask, is there a mass solution in domain environment? I am thinking to set it for e.g. the method 4 solution, via gpo settings, or some registry editing via gpo. The point is to set this up to like 20+ computer at once.
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

The method 4 described a solution to add a button to the Quick Access Toolbar. The custom Quick Access toolbar settings are stored in an *.officeUI file. You may consider to deploy a customized Quick Access Toolbar as per the instructions in the following article:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee704589%28v=office.14%29.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 3, 2017 9:01 AM
  • Thank you, it' s working.
    Friday, July 7, 2017 11:00 AM