none
SharePoint Enterprise Edition 2010 Search displaying /Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=xxxx RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint Enterprise Edition 2010 SP1 Search displaying results in properties insteda of file.  But not for all items!

Results have /Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=xxxx

Below is a screenshot of the result.  This is a filename in PDF of a document, I am logged on with a Farm Administrator account to verify that things are OK.  Not all results are like this, but for this Document Library.  I am using IE 9 on Windows 7 SP1.  "added metadata" is the version comment I put in for adding the metadata to this item.

Filename search displays Properties and not file.

When you click on the AJ- MD Schedule Sep11 it takes you to the file itself as you can see below, where you can click on it and the PDF will open up.  But in the bottom, of IE 9 status bar, it shows the filename (with %20 for spaces) and it should allow me to click on the name directly.  I checked the document library and it has "allow items from this document library to appear in search results." (yes!)

Hmmm I tried the same type of "search {looking for the filename by copying it, but as a PDF}" with other libraries, seems that it's a PDF thing!  Think I should delete the Index (reset it) and try again, full crawl?

Search shows name when should search for it.

Once I click on the PDF file, in the image above, clicking on the top arrow, pointing "up" to the filename, it opens natively in my IE 9 window.

Hmmm I just looked in Central Administration, Search Service Application, Manage File Types and PDF was NOT listed!  I added it in!  WHY it was removed, NO IDEA!  I would NEVER remove it!
    • Edited by Matthew Carter Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:26 PM added PDF was missing in Manage File Types
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:21 PM

Answers

All replies