none
Get-PSSessionConfiguration does not show Microsoft.Exchange configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to understand how Exchange 2010 remote management works. The proven method I have seen discussed on multiple sites is this:

New-PSSession -configurationname microsoft.exchange -connectionuri  http://mailserver/PowerShell

My understanding is that the Get-PSSessionConfiguration command should show all configuration "endpoints" available on a server.  Not sure if endpoint is the correct term to use for this...hopefully you understand when I am referring to.

When I run Get-PSSessionConfiguration on the Exchange mail server, I don't see "Microsoft.Exchange" listed.  So my question is how are we able to use this "configurationname" parameter (Microsoft.Exchange) when it does not exist on the server?  Or at least Get-PSSessionConfiguration does not show it as being on the server.

Thanks

NK

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you ever register the new session Configuration? If not, please use Register-PSSessionConfiguration cmdlet to register the session and get the new session again for test.

Register-PSSessionConfiguration microsoft.exchange

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you ever register the new session Configuration? If not, please use Register-PSSessionConfiguration cmdlet to register the session and get the new session again for test.

Register-PSSessionConfiguration microsoft.exchange

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:20 AM
  • it's a band-aid at best.
    i can execute Microsoft.PowerShell.Core command now, but cannot execute EMS.
    because there is no EMS command has been imported when establish the winrm session. how to fix it?

$UserCredential = Get-Credential
    $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://mail.test.com:5986/wsman/ -Credential $UserCredential  -SessionOption (New-PSSessionOption -SkipCACheck -SkipCNCheck -SkipRevocationCheck)
    Import-PSSession $Session -DisableNameChecking

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 2:43 PM