none
Outlook 365 online and Outlook 365 on macbook sent emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have office 365 and use it online and on a macbook. My sent emails all go to the sent emails folder in outlook. On my PC version tey saved automatically in the folder i sent them from - in these version i dont see how i can make them save directly in the folders from which i sent them. Please help!!

Thanks

Herbert

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:36 PM

All replies

• Sent emails are always saved in the sent folder.

You may have a feature turned on to view the conversation thread which will make it appear like the sent email is in the same folder.

If that's the case you want to enable "Show as conversation" on the view tab.

https://www.lifewire.com/view-mail-grouped-by-thread-outlook-1173712

Monday, October 21, 2019 5:35 PM
  • Hi Herbert,

>> how i can make them save directly in the folders from which i sent them.

Do you mean the option "when replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply in the same folder"? If so, I'm afraid this feature is only avaliable in Outlook for Windows and not in Outlook for Mac.

Generally, sent messages will be saved in Sent Items folder.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:36 AM