none
SSL Certificate with SAN Entries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can I view Exchange server 2010 SLL Certificate SAN entries? 

I need to know SAM names entered.

Regards

Monday, September 16, 2019 4:43 AM

All replies

• Hi 

Double click the cert from your browser when in owa and then go to the details tab and look for san names in the list, it will give you the names.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:08 AM
    Owner
  • thank you for your response. Can we add 1 more name to these record?
    Monday, September 16, 2019 10:56 AM
  • If you own the certificate, you will need to login to the provider like digicert and update it, download it and then install it again.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 16, 2019 11:08 AM
    Owner
  • do I need to add any Name if I have *.abc.com (wild card) certificate if requirement is for xyz.abc.com?
    • Edited by Sajidami82 Monday, September 16, 2019 12:20 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 11:52 AM
  • No, if its a wildcard then you can use it fine with Exchange, no need to add SAN names. Many customers of mine use a wildcard in exchange, all versions and all runs well.

Just remember, you will have to use powershell to set pop/imap settings as when you assign services to it from the EMC it will tell you to use powershell.

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:10 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Agree with Edward van Biljon, and you also can check the host names with following command. Host names are included in the CertificateDomains parameter:

Get-ExchangeCertificate|fl

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by iconoclast88 Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:32 AM
  • Hi,

Did you get useful information from above suggestions?

Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 1:20 AM