none
Tls 1.2 on Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a server with Exchange 2010 SP 3 Rollup 29 with all the roles. I have added a wildcard certificate and IIS-OWA works for me; but I don't get him to send the emails with TLS1.2. I have disabled TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1; but send me all emails with TLS 1.0; Is it because I send it from the OWA? Thank you
    Monday, July 29, 2019 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean that emails that sent from your Exchange are in TLS 1.0? If so, I want to confirm with you which mailbox you want send to, your Exchange mailbox or other mailbox server's mailbox?

Here is an blog about disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1, it contains OWA: Exchange Server TLS guidance Part 3: Turning Off TLS 1.0/1.1 

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:33 AM
  • Correct, if I send an email to a mailbox on the same server or for example to Gmail or Hotmail, in the email header and in the message tracking I see that the encoding is TLS 1.0
    In the registry, there are only entries for SSL 2.0 and TLS 1.2 for both client and server.
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:10 PM
  • I also want to confirm with you: what is the version of .net in your lab?

How to: Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed

For different version of .net, we should modify different regedit.

I will also update my Exchange 2010 to RU29 and test with it.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 2, 2019 11:21 AM
  • Hi,

I follow the guide of Enabling TLS 1.2 and Identifying Clients Not Using It, and enable tls 1.2 for my lab successfully:

Use "email header" to check the version of "TLS" is only supported in Exchange 2016. In Exchange 2010, we need to use protocol log to check the version of TLS.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:22 AM