none
Outlook 2007 Unicode File Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting a "You are attempting to archive your data to a Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst) which is a non-Unicode data file". I looked at my Personal Folders under Data Files and Account Settings and it indicates the format of the .pst is "Personal Folders File". Any ideas as to why I am getting this error?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, September 10, 2018 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If the format shows as "Personal Folder File", it indicates it should be an Unicode format PST file. It could be that the PST file is corrupted that is causing this issue. You can just create a new PST file, then, import all data from current PST file to the new one. After that, replace the problematic PST file with the new one.

See this article for more details: Convert an ANSI PST to a Unicode PST.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. )

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information were helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 14, 2018 9:17 AM