Service 'MSExchangeServiceHost' failed to reach status 'Running' on this server during installation of Exchange 2007 SP1 CCR Active Role

Question

• I am installing Exchange Server 2007 SP1 CCR Active role in Windows Server 2008 but failed during Mailbox Server Role. Error:
    Service 'MSExchangeServiceHost' failed to reach  status 'Running' on this server.
    What should I do?

Friday, January 29, 2010 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi

What are you see in exchange Setup Log (C:\ExchangeSetupLogs) ? What error ?

p.s This is first node Exchange cluster ?
    Friday, January 29, 2010 9:32 AM
  • Thanks Sergey, the C:\ExchangeSetupLogs show "Service 'MSExchangeServiceHost' failed to reach  status 'Running' on this server" which I think is the most meaningful error.
    Also, this is the first node of Exchange cluster.

Thanks for the assistance.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:08 AM
  • Very small information, do you see more errors? May be errors in eventlog ? Please copy last information in logs before failed error and paste her here.

Friday, January 29, 2010 1:42 PM
  • Thanks Sergey. I note from the Exchange Setup Log that the AD Topology Service is not started also. Since the dependence of MS Exchange Service Hosts is depending on the AD Topology Service, I tried to resolve from this point and find out an article stating that this is due to unable to connect with Domain Controller. It suggested that to modify the following registry key, the Exchange 2007 server could communicate with AD properly, and fortunately this is fit to my case.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\EnableTCPChimney=0 (String)
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\EnableRSS=0 (String)

Thanks for the assistance.
    Monday, February 1, 2010 9:34 AM